Dr. Stein completely changed my life. I am happier and healthier both mentally and physically than I have ever been. I have never had a doctor as committed to helping his patients as Dr. Stein.
Are you feeling trapped by agoraphobia?
Agoraphobia can be extremely confining and life-limiting…
The great news is that agoraphobia is treatable with the help of an anxiety specialist.
In fact, research has proven that most people with agoraphobia who engage in our evidence-based treatment decrease their anxiety about being trapped or unable to access help and get back to living a full life without restrictions.
Our approach to agoraphobia treatment (Exposure and Response Prevention) is reliably proven to work for agoraphobia.
There are few mental health problems that can tangibly limit one’s ability move about the world as significantly as agoraphobia. The disorder is characterized by a fear of situations in which escape might be difficult and help may be hard to come by.
If you suffer from agoraphobia, you may feel very anxious about leaving the house, driving your car, or going anywhere in which there is a chance of becoming stuck. You may feel as though the options for how to spend your time are gradually becoming fewer and fewer. New experiences and unfamiliar places are often very intimidating. The frustration of becoming increasingly anxious in places you were once comfortable in can be both frustrating and confusing. You may also find yourself exhausted from “powering through” daily tasks.
However, part of you is yearning to get back to the activities and lifestyle you once enjoyed.
At Anxiety Solutions of Denver, we specialize solely in providing counseling to those with anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). We have successfully helped people with even the most severe symptoms of agoraphobia.
Agoraphobia manifests in a variety of ways.
Some of the things we hear our patients with agoraphobia saying are as follows:
- “I immediately identify all of the exits as soon as I enter a new place.”
- “I am so tired of driving the long way to work to avoid the possibility of getting stuck in traffic.”
- “I can’t go to the movies with my kids anymore because I’ll have to leave if I can’t find an isle seat.”
- “It is so embarrassing that I can’t sit in a booth when my family goes out to dinner. I feel like I’m holding them back.”
- “I’d love to get back to travelling but getting on a plane doesn’t feel possible anymore.”
- “I get so overwhelmed leaving my house. That is the only place I feel safe anymore.”
At Anxiety Solutions of Denver, We Use a Research-Proven Method That Successfully Treats Agoraphobia
Even if you have trouble leaving the comfort of your home, we can help you:
- Significantly reduce the anxiety you feel about becoming trapped and helpless.
- Dramatically improve your ability to be present and engaged in previously enjoyable activities.
- Help you establish a sense of freedom over your life.
- Be able to do anything without agoraphobia stopping you.
- Learn and practice skills to help navigate discomfort and worrisome thoughts.
- Function more effectively in valued areas of life.
- Feel calmer and more comfortable on a daily basis.
Why Choose Anxiety Solutions of Denver to help you with your agoraphobia?
Because our therapists are anxiety specialists. Counseling people with OCD and anxiety is all we do. We love our work and we are good at it.
We have far more experience and success treating agoraphobia than most therapists. We understand agoraphobia extremely well and we know how to help you.
Being specialists also means that we practice Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) which research reliably proves to work for agoraphobia. For this reason, it is absolutely essential that you choose an anxiety specialist who knows how to do ERP.
We understand that suffering with agoraphobia can feel hopeless, but it isn’t hopeless at all.
You CAN achieve a normal, happy, healthy life. But you need help to do it. Therapy with one of our specialists can help you get your life back on track.
If you are ready to get relief from your agoraphobia, contact us and we’ll get started.
Here are your next steps:
1. Sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page and get Dr. Stein’s free audio recording: “What To Do When You Feel Anxious”.
2. Contact us for a free phone consultation, where we’ll answer all your questions and help you decide whether we are the right fit for you.
3. If you are ready to book an appointment contact us now and we’ll get you scheduled with one of our anxiety specialists.