At Anxiety Solutions, our mission is twofold:
- To help our clients overcome anxiety disorders and OCD in order to live full, rich, comfortable lives.
- To make the highest quality of care for anxiety and OCD available to as many people as we can; especially to those who could not previously have access to top-notch anxiety treatment.
We have chosen to make our careers all about helping people with anxiety, so the most important thing to us at our practice is to be effective therapists for our clients. We believe, and research shows, that the best way to achieve this for clients suffering from anxiety and OCD is Exposure Therapy, which is why we use and are so passionate about this method.
Although we and many other anxiety specialists use Exposure Therapy, dissemination of this type of treatment across the field of psychology is actually quite poor in spite of the large number of research studies demonstrating its effectiveness and its wide acceptance among the anxiety research community. Unfortunately, not many therapists are trained in this method. This means that typically, unless you live near a big city, you will not be able to find a therapist trained in Exposure Therapy.
We want to change that.
Here are some of the reasons why it is difficult for people to find good anxiety treatment and how we at Anxiety Solutions are working to address these problems:
- Problem: There are not enough therapists trained in Exposure Therapy.
- Our Solution: We run long-term training and supervision programs for therapists to become anxiety experts proficient in Exposure Therapy.
- Problem: Anxiety specialists tend to be concentrated in big cities, so access to good care is limited if you don’t live near a big city, and even moreso if you live outside the U.S.
- Our Solution: Provide our anxiety therapy services online via videochat so people who don’t live close to an anxiety specialist can still receive the care they need.
- Our Solution: Open additional offices in smaller cities that do not currently have a practice like ours that specializes in anxiety and OCD. Part of our training programs are geared towards training therapists at our Denver office and then sending them out to open branch offices of our practice in other locations that don’t have our kind of specialized services available. We have already done this in Reno, NV and hope to continue expanding into other similar cities.
- Our Solution: Offer our self-help video series, How to Stop Overanalyzing, for people who cannot find a local anxiety specialist to have access to some of the most common strategies we go over with most of our clients.
- Problem: For those who cannot afford a full psychologist, low cost options for Exposure Therapy are extremely difficult to find.
- Our Solution: Our Master’s-level therapists at our Denver office provide high-quality care under the supervision of our psychologists at an affordable rate ($50 per session).
If your life is being limited by anxiety or OCD, we want to help you.
Contact us today to get started.